DT Print is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that requires flexibly dynamic employees who can provide quality products and service within short time frames. Our client-driven processes require us to constantly adapt to and learn new technologies.
We are seeking energetic, team players that are excited and eager to work for a growing print company.
Digital Imaging & Finishing Operator
DEPARTMENT: SMALL FORMAT + BINDERY
REPORTS TO: PRODUCTION Manager
PURPOSE FOR THIS ROLE:
The purpose of this role is to print and finish all small format work as per the job specifications and to ensure the best quality for our clients. You will be required to work along side the additional digitial imaging operator and lead bindery operator to operate and maintain all small format print and finishing equipment and ensure all work is done in an organized and timely manner.
This role is a vital part of the production cycle. This position requires a high attention to detail and ensures that the imaged and finished product is in alignment to company quality tolerances.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operating small format HP indigo presses (7800/5600)
• Working alongside additional operator to complete daily/weekly work
• Ensuring customers expectations are met with regard to quality
• Hard proof file creation
• Imposing files and submission of files to the RIP
• Maintenance and upkeep of all digital imaging equipment
• Maintaining an organized inventory of stock and digital imaging equipment consumables
• Ability to troubleshoot technical difficulties and technical service arrangements
• Working with lead bindery operator to complete daily/weekly work when they require help
• Operation of finishing equipment, which includes: Laminating, cutting, scoring, folding, drilling, perfing, round cornering, stitching books, perfect bound books, d-taping, wire-o binding, collating, generic handwork, shrink wrapping, packaging, etc.
• Uphold safe working standards at all times
• Maintain a clean and organized work environment
• Previous experience in digital printing and bindery
• Ability to follow standards and procedures
• Experience in use of Adobe Creative Suite software
• Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines
• High school level mathematics
• Working as a part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Self-motivated and organized
• Problem solving and mechanical ability
• Must be open and adept at learning new equipment and new technologies
• Must be able to maintain flexible work hours and be available for overtime as needed
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Ability to lift materials up to 50lbs
• Must be able to work on your feet for majority of work day
• Working in a loud and busy manufacturing environment
To apply please contact: